Our Rubbish and Recycling Program
Beachwood's rubbish and recycling collection program is fully automated. The key to this program are large, easy to move, rolling carts. The City of Beachwood will deliver one free rubbish cart and one free recycling cart to each household. On your trash day, our mechanical-armed trucks will pick up and dump the carts curbside. Your rubbish disposal and recycling are part of an automated program, which increases the cleanliness and efficiency of rubbish collection in our city. The benefits include:
- Easy to load and maneuver carts
- Enhancing the appearance of the City of Beachwood
- Keeping odors and rubbish contained
- No lost pieces; lids are permanently attached
- Providing a safe, convenient, and effective method of rubbish and recycling collection
- Providing faster collection
- Animals and insects are deterred
Plastic rubbish bags and recycle bags may be purchased at the Building Department at City Hall from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Recyclables will be picked up in a city cart only. Blue bags will no longer be picked up separately. Fees are payable by cash or check only.
- Box of 100 white bags $13.50
- Box of 100 blue bags $11.00
Rubbish Tipper Cans
Additional rubbish tipper cans are available for purchase at the Service Department from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- 96 Gallon can $75.00
Beachwood City Ordinance 660.21 Rubbish Rules states that no person shall:
- Place rubbish and recycling carts for collection prior to 6:00 PM the evening preceding the collection day scheduled by the Service Director, or after 7:30 AM the day of your rubbish collection
- Allow empty containers or other non-collectible rubbish items to remain at the place of collection after 9:00 AM the day after your collection day
- Whoever violates any of the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of a fourth degree. Punishment shall be as provided in City Ordinance 698.02 Penalty
- Regulations for Brush Collecting
The Public Service Department offers one (1) brush pickup per week. Any and all brush to be picked up by the City shall be placed on the tree lawn after 6:00 PM the evening preceding your rubbish collection day. These rules are governed under City Ordinance 660.21 Rubbish Rules.
- Logs - maximum length 3 feet, maximum weight 35 lbs.
- Brush - no longer than 6 feet
- Complete Rubbish Rules
When the Public Service Department is closed on holidays, except on Thanksgiving, rubbish collection will be delayed one day after the respective holiday for that week only. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday, Monday's collection will be on Tuesday, Tuesday's collection will be on Wednesday, and so on. The table to the right lists the official holidays recognized by the Service Department.