Assistance, Resources & Partners
Business Retention Program
Through the City of Beachwood’s Business Retention Program, the Economic Development department schedules meetings with existing businesses within the city. This consistent outreach program is intended to establish a dialogue with each business; determine what their individual needs may be; and respond in a timely fashion. The city strives to connect Beachwood businesses to available programs on the local, state, and federal levels.
To schedule a business visitation please contact Keri Zipay, Business Retention Specialist, at 216-292-1915.
Site Plan Assistance
For new construction, expansions to existing structures, exterior renovations, or landscaping projects please contact our Building Department: 216-292-1914.
Small Business Assistance
Small businesses and entrepreneurs play an important role in Beachwood's economy. There are a number of resources available to help individuals and organizations create and grow thriving businesses. Read more about resources to assist individuals and organizations create and grow thriving businesses:
Small Business Assistance Programs
Financial Incentive Programs
The Job Creation Incentive Grant (JCIG) program offers an eligible company an annual grant payment based on a percentage of the annual payroll withholding taxes generated by jobs that are new to the City of Beachwood. Completed JCIG applications must be approved by Beachwood City Council.
The City of Beachwood has designated Commerce Park as a Community Reinvestment Area. This program provides local real property tax incentives for residents and business that invest in Commerce Park. Call the Beachwood Economic Development department for more information.
Local and State Resources
- 10,000 Small Businesses
- Beachwood Chamber of Commerce
- Beachwood City Schools
- Beachwood Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Cuyahoga County GIS Mapping
- Cuyahoga County Department of Economic Development
- Cuyahoga County Port Authority
- Economic and Community Development Institute
- Greater Cleveland Partnership
- International Trade Assistance Center
- Manufacturing Advocacy & Growth Network (MAGNET)
- Northeast Ohio Trade & Economic Consortium (NEOTEC)
- Northeast Ohio International Business Network(NEOIBN)
- Ohio Development Services Agency
- Ohio Economic Development Association
- Ohio Incumbent Workforce Training Program
- Positively Cleveland
- Small Business Administration
- Targeted Investment Program
- The Collateral Enhancement Program
- The Ohio Capital Access Program
Ohio's Development Services Agency Quick Finder
Ohio Development Quick Finder
Small Business Resources
Learn about our small business resources