2022 Citizen Police Academy
Beachwood Police Department announces its 2022 Citizen Police Academy, to be held at the Beachwood Community Center on Tuesdays beginning February 1, 2022 - March 29, 2022 from 6:30 PM until 8:30 PM.
Topics are likely to include: BPD Special Services, an overview of the Municipal and Common Pleas courts, domestic violence, firearms, use of force, police legitimacy and procedural justice, crime scene investigations/processing, drug abuse, and more.
The goals of the Academy are to provide a basic understanding of the operation of the BPD, provide insight into police work, provide a clearer understanding of each citizen's role in assisting law enforcement, help citizens feel comfortable communicating with police and City officials, and strengthen the partnership between the police and the community.Applicants must:
* be 21 years of age or older
* have a high school diploma or GED
* be a resident of Beachwood, Ohio, work in the City, or otherwise be part of the Beachwood Community
* have no pending criminal charges or civil cases, no felony convictions, no pending civil litigation against the City, any other municipality, state or federal government or other government or quasi-government agencies, and
* have personal character consistent with community standards.
Applications will be available November 16 at the Beachwood Police Department and on this webpage. Applications are due no later than Tuesday, December 21. Space is limited. Download the application here (PDF).
Questions? Contact Officer Jamey Appell at email@example.com or 216.595.3749.
NOTE: If you applied for the 2021 Academy that was postponed, you don't need to reapply.