Pending any new orders from the State or County Department or Board of Health, trick-or-treating will take place in Beachwood on Halloween: Saturday, October 31, from 6:00 - 8:00 PM.
The safety of our residents is our top priority, but we will need your help to make this possible.
Trick-or-Treaters and their chaperones MUST:
Door-answerers are advised to
- Wear COVID-appropriate masks – incorporate it into your child’s costume. Masks are required for all participants over the age of 2-years old
- Carry and frequently apply hand sanitizer
- Only trick-or treat at houses with the porch light on
- Only trick-or-treat with members of your own household
- Observe social-distancing regulations
- Hand out treats individually rather than using a group candy-bowl
- Wear gloves while distributing candy and only have one household member handing out treats
- Place candy in the child’s bag, not their hands
- Other creative and social-distanced options include hanging treats from a wall, fence, or decorated board, or by using a candy slide made of PVC pipe
- Mark 6-feet lengths on the walkway to your front door to promote social distancing
Residents who do not wish to participate in trick-or-treating this year are advised to leave off their porch lights and enjoy an age-appropriate scary movie on TV while munching on plenty of homemade or factory-wrapped treats.
The City reserves the right to rescind trick-or treat pending updated orders from the State or County Department or Board of Health