The City of Beachwood Public Works Department is responsible for:
- Rubbish and recycling collection
- Snow removal
- Street sign maintenance
- Sidewalk replacement
- Road and sewer construction, repair and maintenance
- Landscaping and maintenance of Parks and City property including trees, shrubs, flowers and grass
- Building Maintenance
- Replacement and maintenance of tree lawn trees
- Animal control services for City and resident’s properties
Spring Leaf Pick Up
The Public Works Department is now picking up loose leaves from resident’s tree lawns. This program will be in effect throughout the month of April, 2020.
Leaves need to be raked into piles on the tree lawn (not in streets or on sidewalks). Leaf piles need to be free of other debris such as grass, twigs or branches. Other debris needs to be piled separately or placed in bags. Cars or other vehicles parked in the street may impede the City’s ability to collect leaf piles.
Mulch Program is Delayed
Unfortunately, due to COVID19 and social distancing protocols, free mulch will not be available residents as planned on April 13, 2020. The Public Works Department is planning to begin distribution on May 4th instead.