National Scald Prevention Campaign
Scald burns from hot tap water, as well as food and beverages heated on the stove, in the microwave, and in other appliances, are painful and potentially life-threatening. Although young children and older adults are at greatest risk due to thinner skin, anyone can suffer from scald burn injuries.
Five national organizations, including:
- American Burn Association Burn Prevention Committee
- Federation of Burn Foundations
- Home Safety Council (Now merged with Safe Kids Worldwide)
- International Association of Fire Chiefs
- International Association of Fire Fighters Charitable Foundation Burn Fund
...have joined forces to create the National Scald Prevention Campaign. This campaign is an innovative national program designed expressly to help fire and life safety educators, burn clinicians, and injury prevention professionals reach all adults with life-saving information to prevent scalds in and around homes.
For more information, please read the brochure about scald burns (PDF).