- City Departments
- Architectural Board of Review
- ABR Submission Requirements
Architectural Board of Review Submission Requirements and Fees
Architectural Board of Review Submission Requirements
- Hard copies: Two (2) sets of complete plans and three (3) site plans providing measurements from proposed footprint of house/addition to all property lines (Residential Sample Drawings (PDF)).
- Email all documents to the Building Department.
- A completed Building Permit Application (PDF) Opens in New Window and ABR Addendum (PDF) Opens in New Window (view other Permit Applications).
- Requirements for Construction in "The Village" are listed in the following document: The Village: Construction Requirements
- Energy calculations (for new houses and room additions).
- Photographs of the current location at which the project is to be constructed and the neighboring properties.
- Tree survey - to be included on topo (for new houses).
- Color renderings (for signs and commercial buildings).
- Color and material list for all exterior components, for all projects.
- Cash or check for the appropriate fee (check made payable to "City of Beachwood").
Architectural Board of Review Submission Fees
1329.08 SUBMISSION OF PLANS TO ARCHITECTURAL BOARD OF REVIEW AND CITY ARCHITECT FEES.
(a) In addition to the fees required to be paid for building permits as provided in Section 1329.03, the following filing fees shall be collected from the applicant at the time plans and specifications are submitted and before a building permit may be issued:
|Minor alterations and repairs (up to $1,000 valuation, including signs)||$25.00|
|Major alterations and repairs (over $1,000 up to $25,000 valuation, including signs)||$35.00|
|Major alterations and repairs (over $25,000 up to $35,000 valuation, including signs)||$50.00|
|Major alterations and repairs (over $35,000 valuation, including signs)||$75.00|
|All new single and two-family residential buildings, including additions||$100.00|
|All new construction other than single and two-family residential buildings, including additions||$250.00|
|Exterior deck additions for residential and commercial||$25.00|
|Revisions to plans previously approved, required additional review||$30.00|
Such fees shall cover the cost of architectural review, as provided for in Section 153.06. However, if the Architectural Board of Review determines that it is necessary to secure outside professional assistance and advice on plans, the cost of such professional services shall be paid by the applicant. In the case of a special meeting requested by the applicant, an additional fee of three hundred dollars ($300.00) shall be paid by such applicant to cover the cost to each member of the Architectural Board of Review for their time at such special meeting.
(b) In addition to the fees required to be paid for building permits as provided in Section 1329.03, and in addition to the fees required to be paid for examination by the Architectural Board of Review under subsection (a) hereof, filing fees shall be collected from the applicant at the time plans and specifications are submitted, and before a building permit can be issued, for those plans required to be reviewed by the City Plans Examiner, as specified in the administrative section of the Ohio Basic Building Code.