Applications & Permits
Beachwood City Hall is closed to the public due to COVID-19. Please call to make an appointment with the Building & Community Development Department at 216-292-1914.
Building permits are documents which are obtained through the Building & Community Development Department authorizing the start of construction or remodeling of a building in the City of Beachwood. All contractors must complete the registration form (PDF) Opens in New Window to be registered with the City every fiscal year in order to pull a permit.
Requirements for Construction in "The Village" are listed in the following document: The Village: Construction Requirements
The following are types of permits which may be required:
- Building/Maintenance: New construction, additions, alterations, windows/doors, roofs, demolition, or repairs to either residential or non-residential structures.
- Electrical: New installations, additions, extensions, alterations, changes, and fire and accident repairs of any electrical wiring and electrical equipment associated with a structure or project. Separate permits are required for wiring, fixtures, furnaces, and construction poles. For convenience, the wiring, fixtures and furnaces may be combined on one permit if they are included on the original application. Construction poles will require a separate permit in every case.
- Plumbing/Sewer: New installation, removal, alteration, repair or replacement of any plumbing, gas, or drainage piping work, or any fixture or water heater or treating equipment in a building or premise. A separate permit is required for each building or structure and privies used during construction.
- Mechanical/HVAC: New installations, alterations, repair, replacement, remodel, and/or removal of duct work, heating, venting, or air conditioning equipment (HVAC) for each separate building or structure involved in the project.
- Zoning: Driveways, aprons, fences, sheds.
- Other: Occupancy permits, signage permits, garage sale permits, street opening permits, temporary structures, fire alarm/sprinklers.
- Note: All permit fees are subject to change.
- Please note: The Building & Community Development Department only accepts cash or check made payable to "City of Beachwood" (*Credit Cards are not accepted at this time).